Friday, July 8, 2011

back from NYC

Back from ThrillerFest and SO delighted that I can hang around in my fuzzy robe and listen to birdsong over the marsh today

The highlight of the program was Ken Follett’s talk on Thursday morning. He was everything a good speaker should be: well-organized, clear, informative, and gently self-deprecating. He made a delightful contrast to some of the rather large egos wandering the halls.

But the absolute best part of ThrillerFest was the chance to talk to other writers. I keep saying that one of the reasons I love writing is that I really love solitude. I prefer sitting alone with my laptop and a story in my head to just about anything else. Just about. I guess it is nice to put on earrings and a nice dress occasionally, and it was wonderful to make new friends.

I garnered seven requests for material from the agent pitch sessions. And one very honest “I’m fried and have no idea if your project is right for me. Send me a query with ThrillerFest on the subject line. I need a Tylenol.” Me, too.

I’ll get back to work tomorrow, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment